Some say you can predict the sex of your baby without pregnancy ultrasounds. Here are some of the old wives tales we have heard. Whether you believe them or not is solely up to you, however; we don't recommend picking out the nursery colors just yet. Have fun!
Wives Tale Sex Indicators
- The way you carry your baby: If you carry low, you are having a boy. If you carry high, you are having a girl.
- If your baby kicks a lot, you are having a boy. Inactive baby? You're having a girl.
- If you're craving salt, you're having a boy. If you're craving sweets, it's a girl.
- Tie your wedding ring or a pin to a piece of string and hold it suspended over your belly. If it moves like a pendulum, back and forth, you are having a boy. If it moves in a circular motion, you are having a girl.
- If your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute, you are having a boy. If it is higher than 140, it's a girl!
Find out how your baby is developing every week. Sign up for our FREE Weekly Fetal Development Newsletter. Click here!
Play Music for Your Baby in the Womb
Read To Your Baby in the Womb
SmartMomma: Nursery Planner
Top Ten Baby Names