Remember when your partner used to send you flowers, leave you little cards or notes, or call just to say, “I love you”. As Miss Janet Jackson used to say, “What have you done for me lately?”
If your spouse is still doing these things, then you are truly blessed. Many men don’t have a romantic bone in their body, which is why it is up to us to remind them.
Whether you know it or not, romance is extremely important in a relationship or marriage. The lack of romance can seriously affect your sex life and your emotional intimacy. Who is going to bring romance back into your life, if not your spouse? You are!
Check out some ideas from SmartMomma to include romance in your everyday life.
- Buy yourself some flowers next time you are at the store.
- Take a bubble bath with some candles and play some soft and sexy music. Invite your partner in the tub with you.
- Next time you want special attention, turn down the lights, light some candles, and play some sexy music. Keep the cotton in your dresser drawer for the night and throw on some silky lingerie.
- Write your partner sexy or sweet notes. Leave them in his car, on the mirror or door, and in his briefcase or lunch.
- Kiss your partner like you mean it when he gets home from work. A little tongue goes a long way.
- Send your partner a card at work.
- Surprise your partner with a romantic night out. Schedule a babysitter and make reservations at an elegant, no-kids-allowed restaurant. Wear a sexy, slinky dress for maximum effect.
Romance is contagious. When you start to take these steps with your partner, he will likely take the cue and do the same for you. Don’t stop after one instance. Keep it coming consistently. A good goal is to do at least one romantic thing for your partner a week. This will help ward off the seven year itch or any other obstacles you may be facing in your marriage.
Do you want to be caught up on all the latest happenings with you and your baby? Join SmartMomma Advantage for free! You'll receive your choice of e-mail newsletters, from monthly updates on your baby's development to weekly sales alerts and the latest pregnancy, baby, and toddler news. Stay up to date with the SmartMomma advantage! Join today!
Relationships: Seven Year Itch
Relationships: 10 Ways to Feel Sexy Again