Most of the households use the municipal water, especially those living in the urban settings. Municipal water is simply the tap water. We can feel comfortable while using this water due to its convenient purposes. In most homes, tap water is used for all domestic purposes including drinking. However, did you know that tap water contains chemical elements such as chlorine, fluoride, and other dissolved minerals such as magnesium, calcium, sulfates, chlorides, and bicarbonates?
According to public health experts, tap water may also contain traces of copper, manganese, iron, nitrates, aluminum, herbicides, and insecticides. Some studies also show that water supplied to various homes was found to have prescription medications such as antibiotics, mood stabilizers, anticonvulsants, and sex hormones. Despite the fact that these contaminations have been found in the municipal water, many governments are reluctant to address such problems. But the truth of the matter is that the undigested drugs and contaminants may lead to serious long-term effects.
Chlorine has been in use for a long period of time. It is added to the municipal water as a disinfectant and mostly preferred because it is most affordable. The addition of chlorine reduces the liability of the bodies that regulate quality standards of the public water. This is because once chlorine is used as a disinfectant, its effects may occur after a long period of use. The government knows that drinking non-disinfectant water may lead to serious illness caused by pathogens and bacteria present in the water. However, it is difficult for the government bodies to prove that addition of chlorine may cause other more serious diseases such as cancer or heart disease.
The chlorine-rich water is used by all family members including the youngest kid. Due to the weak immune system of the baby, it is most likely to be affected by the chemicals. Chlorine bleach is widely used in the treatment of public water by considering its ease of availability and affordability, without thinking about the long-term effects to the public. One of the worrying factors of chlorine is the ability to neutralize oxygen. When chlorine finds its way into the body, it has elements with properties of depleting the oxygen. This results in acidic PH of the plasma. When the acidic level is high, the immune system is lowered. A low immune system of a kid may lead to potential infections, making the baby more vulnerable to allergies too.
Many worlds’ associations of disease control allow the embedment of toxic, heavy metal, and mercury into the living teeth of humans through silver fillings. The same state agencies support the use of fluoride in public water supply under the excuse of improving people’s dental health. This is a clear indication that many people have been consuming deadly chemical elements without their knowledge. The use of fluoride in teeth care has been proven to work well, but just for a topical application only. When the fluoride is ingested, it is a bio-accumulative toxin with the ability to attack the overall body system.
Even before it was added to the public water, the effects of fluoride have well been known. Since the water is consumed by kids, children, and grownups, there is a high chance of causing serious harm to babies. This is because children’s immune system is weak and may not be able to withstand such chemical effects. That said, we need to be cautious when it comes to drinking water issues. It is important to choose what kind of water to give the babies. This is where the Reverse Osmosis Water and Filtered Water come in.
Reverse Osmosis (RO) System
Reverse Osmosis, also known as RO, is a process of treating water to get rid of contaminants through use of pressure to drive water molecules through a semi-permeable membrane. The contaminants are filtered out, leaving a pure water that can be safely used for drinking. Reverse Osmosis system is capable of eliminating harmful toxins such as lead, chlorine, fluoride, dissolved minerals, dissolved prescription medications, and other solid elements present in tap water. In order to ensure that your baby stays healthy and safe, having a reverse osmosis unit is highly recommended according to ro-system.org
Water Filter Pitchers
Water Filter Pitcher is used in filtering process to eliminate contaminants from the drinking water. The filter is just awesome for your family because it gets rid of the impurities that make water to have a bad taste and smell. Many babies will not drink water with bad odor. The impurities may also threaten their health. Therefore, having a water filter pitcher ensures your baby is always safe with the pure drinking water.